Performance Enhancing Quality
At Enzymatics we drive ourselves to make the highest quality enzymes available. The quest to deliver enzymes of standard-shifting quality is the reason the company was formed. We have a proven track record of providing materials to clients that enhance the performance of the processes in which they are incorporated. We are committed to providing the highest quality products for your needs.
Selected Enhanced Performance Case Studies:
- At The Wellcome Trust Enzymatics' T4 DNA Ligase increased Next-Gen Sequencing library yield 20-30%*
- Enzymatics' enzyme incorporated into a major supplier's reagent mix eliminated spurious failures of the reagent mix during in-house functional QC test
- At Harvard a customer had long standing sample degradation when using Lambda Exo from other vendors. Switching to Enzymatics' Lambda Exo has solved the problem.
"...the efficiency of the ligation step appears to be to be improved by the use of ultrapure ligases such as those from Enzymatics, which
are virtually free of the contaminating exonuclease activity generally found in commercial preparations of ligases.
Using this enzyme we achieved a 20-30% increase in yield of successfully ligated fragments."
- Michael Quail
The Wellcome Trust; Nature Methods
Superior Quality Control Metrics
Enzymatics has developed and applied industry-leading approaches to understanding enzyme quality that far surpass previous standards. This has resulted in products of superior quality. We apply highly sensitive and proprietary testing to our enzymes prior to release of materials to our customers.
Advanced QC tests include:
Measurement of nuclease contamination using a proprietary test methodology
- Provides significantly greater sensitivity than methods used by other providers
- Ensures unsurpassed nuclease contamination levels in our products
Specific Activity Testing: Assay every lot for functional activity and compare results to the amount of enzyme required to generate that level of activity
SDS-Page Gels using Silver Nitrate Staining
- 50 Times more sensitive than Coomassie
- Currently the only OEM supplier providing Silver Nitrate Staining
- Standard of >99% purity
Nucleic Acid Contamination
- Test every lot of protein we produce for contaminating host E.coli DNA using a TaqMan assay with probes against the 16s rRNA subunit
- Reject lots that contain >10 copies more genomic DNA sequence than our negative controls
From inception we have utilized our extensive experience and know-how in enzyme production along with advances in technology to design processes that yield the ultimate in efficiency.
The result is high product yield at low cost of goods.
Our state-of-the-art processes far exceed that of other suppliers who utilize older processes that have evolved or been re-engineered over decades.
Enzymatics simply created the most effective processes from the start.
The tremendous gains in efficiency result in substantially lower costs of production.
This enables Enzymatics to offer its customers paradigm shifting prices; prices that make it more cost efficient to outsource to Enzymatics than to manufacture internally.
When compared to the world’s leading enzyme suppliers, Enzymatics’ list prices are consistently 70%‐90% lower.
Figure 2 shows a comparison of Enzymatics’ list prices for six of the most commonly used enzymes with the list prices of five of the largest suppliers of enzymes.
Enzymatics’ prices across the spectrum show clear and profound advantages versus those of the leading suppliers.
Thus, our customers avoid having to scale‐up using an internal, moderately efficient manufacturing department.
Our customers realize substantial cost relief, enhanced application performance, supply chain security and access to expert technical resources.